Zara! Nate! Teasers! Release Date! Short Stories! Everything You Need To Know About EXHUMED
Look, a post that's not pet-related!
Zara's next book, Exhumed, is coming to you July 10 in paperback & ebook formats (HTML, PDF, EPUB, MOBI, PRC).
Zara Lain, narcissistic vampire and assassin, cleaned up after a crazy warlock tried to build a vampire army, made some cash when the North American covens were left in shambles, got away when framed for the murder of a Demon Hunter, and dealt with some idiots who tried to jumpstart Armageddon. None of that could prepare her, however, for the moment when her lover of the undead persuasion awakens...
And promptly tries to kill her.
She’s raised a handful of orphaned baby vampires during the past six years and she knows the score: if they don’t get sane again, they have to be staked. And even if she can fix her would-be boyfriend, he’s not the only formerly deceased one in town who wants to kill her. Old enemies are back to put a cramp in her love life, ruin a good pair of heels, and just maybe end the world.
An apocalypse is nigh...and it gets a lot worse than having nothing to wear to the occasion.
1. There will be the occasional teaser posted during the next few weeks at my FB Page and at Zara's (I posted one yesterday). Sometime next month there will also be the odd excerpt posted there (and maybe here, I dunno).
2. Did you purchase from resellers and miss out on the short stories? In preparation for Exhumed's release, the two shorts that are relevant to it will be posted on my Facebook page. Sometime in June you'll get to read Nate's short Thrall, and in the ten days leading up to Exhumed's release in July, I'll post Sunrise. The catch is that you have to be a fan of the pages to view them. (Yes, I'm shamelessly encouraging people to like my page. Sue me.)
3. There won't be any contests/giveaways for this one. I know, I'm sorry. I'm *really* excited about this book. I want to celebrate. I want everyone to read it. I want to give away awesome prizes like other authors do. But all promo has really done for me is cause me no end of stress and expense, neither of which I can afford right now. So the book will come out and you can maybe buy it if you want to read it and if not, that's okay--I'm just not going to worry about it this time. To that end...
4. Review copies aren't going out. There are a myriad of reasons I won't get into, but chief among them: See that part again about how I don't need more stress/worry and can't financially afford this kind of thing right now. If you're one of the few people who read/reviewed the other books so far, I'm sorry. I appreciate it, I do. I still hope you'll check this out (like Whiskey Sour, which I also didn't send out). If not, that's cool. I still think you're hot.
5. I'll be taking a couple of weeks off around July 10. Honestly, I'm due for a vacation, and I'm such a basket case around release day that it seems like a good idea. Plus I don't want to know if everyone hates it (or, worse, didn't read). My insecurities, let me show you them.
Since I'm taking that time off, I might see if there's interest in having guest blogs here in my stead. I'll put out a call maybe next week when my brain is fully recovered from everything and useful.
If you want a banner to promo Exhumed on your blog, I made a shiny vertical one right here (lg in case you want to resize it and sm):
I really hope you guys get to read this one and dig it. I'm tremendously proud of it.
Plans after this? Zara's next book? The novel Nate's supposed to narrate? We'll see, darlings. We'll see. I'll talk more about that stuff when I need to.
Let's just get this apocalypse underway first.
(Reminder: Initial fundraiser is over but Soulless is still available as a pay-what-you-can website exclusive in case you want another Skyla book to tide you over. All proceeds go toward vet bills.)